Locations throughout the region
The seeds of the present business were sown in 1826 when Richard Walter Parson was apprenticed to a carpenter and joiner at Stoke Climsland, Cornwall.
In 1842 he came to Plymouth and set up his own business as a builder and undertaker. In the mid 1880s his son, John Walter, took over the business and he was in turn succeeded by his son Oscar Walter in 1923. In 1932 Oscar’s son, Walter, purchased the business from his father. In 1940 to 1945 he served as a pilot in the Royal Air Force, during which time Walter’s wife Beryl ran the business. On Walter’s return in 1945 he decided to specialise exclusively in Funeral Directing.