The day of the Funeral
How will the funeral proceed?
Most families choose the address at which to assemble before the funeral service. There are three options.
- The funeral procession may leave from the family house. This is the most traditional method.
- The limousine can collect the family from a chosen address and travel directly to the place of service.
- You could meet the funeral at the place of service.
Are there differences in procedure for a church service?
As well as the choices above, there are more options available for a church service.
- You may wish that the coffin is received into church before the service starts so that when you arrive it is similar to the way in which you would start a normal Sunday service.
- After a church service, you may not want to go to the crematorium for the committal. We can liaise with the minister and perhaps arrange for the service and committal to take place in church. This alleviates the necessity of attending the crematorium leaving you at the church to meet the people who have attended the service. Sometimes we can arrange to leave the flowers at the church too.
- You may want to attend the committal as a small private family unit and have a large thanksgiving service to follow.This can be achieved by arranging a back to front funeral, when a private committal service takes place before the thanksgiving service. This leaves you far more flexibility to arrange a convenient time for the thanksgiving service at the church with the minister.
- There are many options and we would be pleased to advise in other circumstances.
How do we get home after the funeral?
- Our limousines will return the family to the home address, or if previously advised, another local address afterwards